1. No rinsing of the mouth for 24 hours.
2. Keep fingers away
from the extraction area.
3. No smoking for three (3) days.
4. Soft food diet consisting of
things easily chewed for 24 hours.
5. Do not brush the extraction site for 24 hours.
exercise for 24 hours.
7. Ice packs (20 minutes on, 20 minutes off) for two (2) or three (3) cycles after
a difficult extraction.
8. Take medication as prescribed. Tylenol or Advil are recommended. Avoid aspirin
9. One can expect the extraction site to ooze blood for 24 to 48 hours. Oozing a slight amount of
blood on your pillow is NOT considered bleeding.
If Persistent Bleeding Occurs:
Bite down with pressure on two (2) gauze pads folded in half for 30 minutes,
2. Sandwich a dry tea bag between
two (2) gauze pads and bite down with pressure for 30 minutes. Tannic acid helps stop the bleeding.
the Office for Additional Instructions If:
1. Bleeding persists after following the above directions.
Pain gets worse after two (2) or three (3) days.